Happy 2015! Still waiting for your ‘wake-up’ call to realize it’s a new year? Are you welcoming it with open arms? Or already obsessing about what’s in and what’s out, what’s trending and what’s ending? Like fashion, home decor styles can change like the wind, but if we stop designing only around trends and start designing more around our lifestyle, we can create spaces that reflect our personality, passions, even humor. Let’s start with an awesome entry that will have your guests saying; “This is so you”! That’s a great compliment! Frame a funny cocktail napkin (I did), cover a pillow in a scarf you love (but never wear), or emulate a look from your favorite hotel lobby….Maybe even add a guestbook! First impressions are, well…first impressions. Make yours memorable! ~ xo Paula
1. Vintage suitcases piled under an entry console at The Waterfront Hotel tells a well-traveled story.
2. A dark steel-teal wall anchors small furnishings in this minimal, modern and sophisticated space.
3. The color choices and animal pattern rug feels fun, flirty and whimsical in this entry!
4. Textural woods and materials when contrasted with white feel organic and exudes confidence in design.
5. Form and Function on display here showing that organization and high design are priority.